||Finance and Administrative Assistant
||Chief Executive Officer
||Part-Time, In Person
||KCFAA Staff, Vendors, Donors, Visitors
Kansas City Friends of Alvin Ailey (KCFAA)
KCFAA’s mission is to make dance accessible to all people by presenting the Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater and Ailey II, teaching young people critical life skills through dance, and modeling interracial and multi-cultural community partnerships. The Finance and Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support for our Finance and Development activities and help ensure that our office operates efficiently. If you enjoy dance, diversity, and educating young minds through the arts, KCFAA could be the place for you!
The Finance and Administrative Assistant is responsible for completing key tasks for the Finance and Development departments and administrative support for the KCFAA office and CEO. We are seeking an individual who is organized, dependable, and analytical, and can provide polite, professional, and accurate verbal and written communications. Their contributions will help our office operate efficiently. Duties include daily reporting of cash, donations, and payments received, Salesforce donor updates, donor acknowledgements, clerical tasks, email correspondence, calendar management, scheduling. This is a part-time, in-office position (not remote).
Duties and Responsibilities
Finance and Development Assistant
Accounts Receivable (AR) and Accounts Payable (AP)
- Reviews invoices, credit memos and other documentation to ensure accurate coding, correct dollar amounts, and vendor information.
- Maintains accurate and organized AR & AP files on an ongoing basis. Scans and files the AR & AP documents on a weekly basis. At year-end, sets up the files for the new year and moves the prior year files to the designated storage location.
- Completes monthly reconciliation with Finance Manager for Salesforce and QuickBooks
- Provides assistance to Finance Manager for finance related tasks, as needed.
Development & Revenue Reporting
- Provides daily tracking, reporting, and filing for donations and payments received. This includes cash, checks, ACH, MobileCause, OneCause, and other payment methods.
- Updates and maintains the daily mail log transactions (scans and files).
- Ensures accurate coding is used for all transactions.
- Updates Salesforce for transactions and donor information.
- Timely and accurate preparation and mailing of donation acknowledgements
- Assists with grant management, as needed, including updating the grant calendar.
- Assists with fundraising and event planning, as needed.
- Identifies and implements opportunities to improve process efficiency.
- Welcomes guests, answers and transfers phone calls, takes messages.
- Provides administrative support for the CEO and office staff including preparing and distributing communications, filing, typing, copying, scanning, and scheduling.
- Coordinates facility management including scheduling and arranging repairs and maintenance for office and equipment.
- Manages the supplies inventory and reorders for the office.
- Maintains and updates KCFAA event and program calendars and contact lists.
- Take minutes at committee and staff meetings as needed.
- Cultivates relationships with schools, parents, students, funders, and community partners by way of email and telephone correspondence.
- Assists with volunteer communications and coordination.
Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, QuickBooks, and Salesforce.
Associate degree in a related field
At least 2 years of administrative assistant experience
The ideal candidate will also:
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be organized and have good time-management skills
- Be a self-starter and consistently meet deadlines
- Be comfortable working alone
- Be a problem solver
- Be able to manage multiple tasks and pay strong attention to detail
Multi-lingual skills are a plus.
Please email cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references, to: Careers@kcfaa.org. The email subject line should say: Finance and Administrative Assistant
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.